Access your library anytime, anywhere with the new Lake Mac Libraries app.
Our simple, easy-to-use app is free to download and offers everything you need right in the palm of your hand.
Use your smartphone or tablet to view the catalogue to see our huge range of eBooks, eMagazines, audiobooks and music streaming services.
Easily link your account to manage your loans and reservations, plus reserve items from the catalogue at any of our 10 branches.
You can also use the app as your digital library card and manage multiple accounts in the one place – perfect for families!
Plus, when you visit one of our branches, you can even borrow items directly from your smartphone with the new ‘self-checkout’ option.
Get the most out of your Lake Mac Libraries membership by downloading the app today! If you’re not yet a member, you can join online for free.
Download for Apple devices Download for Android devices
Library App Overview
Your Digital Library Card
- Use your smartphone as your library card.
Borrow via the App
- Borrow items using the app’s new ‘self-checkout’ function.
Manage My Account
- Keep track of loans and reservations for multiple users and renew items online.
Search the Catalogue
- Search the entire catalogue to view and reserve items at any branch.
- Access eBooks, Audiobooks, eMagazines and music streaming services.
Scan any Book
- Use your phone camera to scan the ISBN barcode of any book to see if we hold it.
Manage Multiple Accounts
- Link your children, parents, family or partner’s library cards via the app.
- Stay up-to-date with latest events, adult programs and kids’ activities.
Find your Library
- Find your nearest library, get directions, phone or email your local branch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download the app?
Open the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android) on your device, search for ‘Lake Mac Libraries’ and install/download to your device.
Is my device compatible?
The app is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 11.0 or later.
Android devices require version 4.4 and up.
How do I login to my account?
Click ‘My Account’ on the app and enter your library card number followed by your four-digit pin. If you have forgotten your pin, our staff can reset it for you.
The Self-Checkout Function isn’t working?
Ensure you have enabled location services on your device and check you are connected to data and/or Wi-Fi.
If I borrow using the app, will I set off the library security alarms?
No. Watch your screen to ensure your items were successful and show a green tick, and you have clicked ‘finish’. An alert will show the number of items borrowed
Who do I contact for help with the App?
Speak to a member of staff at any library branch for assistance or email us via email@example.com.