Lake Mac Libraries is committed to fostering a creative community by providing quality, accessible exhibition spaces within community facilities to encourage awareness, create professional development and exchange of ideas.
The Launchpad@Lake Mac Libraries’ school’s program offers school students the opportunity to exhibit their work and to assist with organising and installing an exhibition.
Exhibition space is available at four Lake Mac Libraries branches at Belmont, Toronto, Charlestown and Swansea for student groups and classes.
Launchpad@LakeMacLibraries for Schools Objectives:
- Present exhibitions that showcase the work of school students in all mediums
- Act as a platform for creative dialogue by encouraging wider community participation in the arts
- Provide students with an experience of preparing and installing an exhibition
Launchpad@Lake Mac Libraries for Schools includes:
- Free exhibition space
- Promotional and marketing support for your exhibition through existing channels - 30,000 Lake Mac Libraries e-list, Council and Library websites and associated social media platforms
- Exhibition sign and wall labels
- Opportunity for artwork sales
- Administration of artwork sales, if required. Lake Mac Libraries will retain a 25 per cent commission on works sold during the exhibition period.
- Lake Mac Libraries staff and volunteers will supervise the exhibition for its duration, handle art sales and provide information during opening hours.
- Exhibition period of up to 9 weeks
- Lake Mac staff will work with teachers and students to: install the exhibition, organise and prepare signage and marketing material
- Lake Mac staff and volunteers will support any exhibition opening event
- 15 reusable frames suitable for A4 or A3 works on paper available for loan
Students and teachers:
- works need to be suitable to use the supplied hanging system, and/or cabinets
- up to five students and/or teacher attend the venue on two days to assist with and experience installation and take-down of the exhibition including preparation of signage, wall labels and copy for marketing
- may elect to hold an exhibition launch event
- are responsible for the insurance of works during the period of the exhibition and in transit to and from the venue
- May elect to have works for sale. Lake Mac Libraries will retain a 25 per cent commission on works sold during the exhibition period unless otherwise specified.
Launchpad @ Lake Mac Libraries Application for Schools